* Can version 6.08 work in Emacs 21?
@ 2008-10-09 10:26 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2008-10-09 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Although I use org mode (and love it!) on most of my systems, I have
been using version 4.74 for a long time.  I just upgraded to version
6.08 which works perfectly fine on most of my systems and I really
appreciate all the improvements and new features.  However, my office
desktop, which acts as a server for many of my projects, is running
Debian stable (etch).  Version 6.08 does not appear to work well at
all, especially agenda views and links with the Emacs diary mode.

Is attempting to get org mode 6.08 working with Emacs 21 worthwhile,
especially given that Debian stable will soon be replaced by lenny
(which has Emacs 22)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice!

--
Eric S Fraga, UCL
BF >++++++++++[>++++++++++>+++++++++++[<]>-]>++.>++++.<-----.++++++.------.

* Re: Can version 6.08 work in Emacs 21?
@ 2008-10-09 14:35 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-09 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e.fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

I  thought hat Org *does* work reasonably well with Emacs 21, but
maybe I am wrong?
Anyway, I will take no more steps to make it work better with Emacs
21, Emacs 22 has been out long enough so that people can be expected
to run Emacs 22.

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-10  8:01   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2008-10-10  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2008-10-09, Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I  thought hat Org *does* work reasonably well with Emacs 21, but
> maybe I am wrong?

After some very helpful discussion with Carsten, I found that the
problem was mine (blush!) in that I had been using .elc files compiled
with Emacs 22 on Emacs 21.

Apologies for the noise.

--
Eric S Fraga, UCL