From: Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@eeepc.chemeng.ucl.ac.uk>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Can version 6.08 work in Emacs 21?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:26:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Although I use org mode (and love it!) on most of my systems, I have
been using version 4.74 for a long time.  I just upgraded to version
6.08 which works perfectly fine on most of my systems and I really
appreciate all the improvements and new features.  However, my office
desktop, which acts as a server for many of my projects, is running
Debian stable (etch).  Version 6.08 does not appear to work well at
all, especially agenda views and links with the Emacs diary mode.

Is attempting to get org mode 6.08 working with Emacs 21 worthwhile,
especially given that Debian stable will soon be replaced by lenny
(which has Emacs 22)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice!

--
Eric S Fraga, UCL