* bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
@ 2008-10-20 21:18 Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-20 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a bunch of todos that I like to do "about every other day" so I
do this:

  * TODO foo
    SCHEDULED: <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>

The problem comes when I missed the date on Friday and am looking at my
agenda on Monday.  I'd like it to show that I'm overdue on that instance
of the task (since I didn't complete it Friday).  The next week,
however, it doesn't show it on the agenda until Tuesday.

IMHO, if today is beyond the date of a repeating todo it should be shown
today regardless of the repeat setting until I reset the date by marking
it done (and having it autoskip forward).

(Actually, while I'm at it is there a way to get it to autoskip 2 days
from today rather than 2 days from the date in the stamp?)

* bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
@ 2008-10-20 21:20 Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-20 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a bunch of todos that I like to do "about every other day" so I
do this:

  * TODO foo
    SCHEDULED: <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>

The problem comes when I missed the date on Friday and am looking at my
agenda on Monday.  I'd like it to show that I'm overdue on that instance
of the task (since I didn't complete it Friday).  The next week,
however, it doesn't show it on the agenda until Tuesday.

IMHO, if today is beyond the date of a repeating todo it should be shown
today regardless of the repeat setting until I reset the date by marking
it done (and having it autoskip forward).

(Actually, while I'm at it is there a way to get it to autoskip 2 days
from today rather than 2 days from the date in the stamp?)

* Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
@ 2008-10-21  3:27 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-10-21  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:50 AM, Wes Hardaker wrote:
  [snip]

  > (Actually, while I'm at it is there a way to get it to autoskip 2 days
  > from today rather than 2 days from the date in the stamp?)

http://orgmode.org/manual/Repeated-tasks.html#Repeated-tasks

-- Manish

* Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
@ 2008-10-21  6:11 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-21  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

In my agenda, his entry does show on Monday, as overdue for one day.

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-21 13:14   ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-21 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

CD> In my agenda, his entry does show on Monday, as overdue for one day.

Ahh...  the entries I have are straight stamps, not scheduled items.  IE

  * TODO foo <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>

I'll go fix that; thanks!

From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-21 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> (Actually, while I'm at it is there a way to get it to autoskip 2 days
>> from today rather than 2 days from the date in the stamp?)

M> http://orgmode.org/manual/Repeated-tasks.html#Repeated-tasks

Yep.  I knew there had to be a way.  Thanks!

* Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
@ 2008-10-22 15:58       ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-22 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> * TODO foo <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>

CD> ????? The example you had in your mail was:

Yep.  You're right that I blew the example and realized what the issue
was after reading your response.  See, you helped!