Attached is a patch that lets local variables define whether or not todo dependency blocking should be used (both for TODOs and for checkboxes). I have one file in particular that I'm using checkboxes to quickly indicate multi-selections from a list but for most of my files I want TODOs blocked by uncompleted checkboxes. Normally org uses hook methods for checking for TODO blocks and this patch just inserts a check at the top to test and see if the variable turning on the blocking type is still set. -- Wes Hardaker My Pictures: http://capturedonearth.com/ My Thoughts: http://pontifications.hardakers.net/