On Fri, Dec 03 2010, Bernt Hansen wrote: > I tried your patch out tonight and I'm confused about org-agenda-ndays. > This is stated as obsolete (since 24.1 ? what's that?) An Emacs version. make-obsolete-variable requires a version number to be set, and that's usually the Emacs version number. The next Emacs release including this code will be 24.1, therefore I've set this to 24.1, which is the Good Practice AFAIK. > but the default > for org-agenda-span doesn't seem to be set based on the existing value > of org-agenda-ndays. Is that on purpose? Yes, but org-agenda-ndays is used instead of org-agenda-span if org-agenda-ndays has been set. > I'm fine with customizing org-agenda-span as long as it's documented > that this needs to be done for the next version of org-mode that > includes your patch. I've updated the texi file accordingly (s/ndays/span/). > I also noticed the display on the modeline says 'Day', 'Week', 'Month', > or 'Year' when displaying the agenda with 'd', 'w', 'v m', and 'v y' > which is great. However this data is lost and replaced with '1 days' if > moving forwards or backwards in the agenda with 'f' and 'b' or jumping > to a date with 'j'. Yep, that's a bug. I've fixed it, new version attached.