On Tue, Mar 08 2011, Andrea Crotti wrote: > That's also very nice thanks. > Well the only thing that I would really love to have is a real working > synchronization mechanism, and a real address book with all the > interesting fields for everyone. Well, do not count on me for that. I use git, it does the job. :) > The fields I can also set them myself but maybe would be nice to define > some standard fields which can be set and are automatically recognized. Well, I had some but they are defcustom anyway, so there's no standard. I do not want to put too much obligation on the format used, because Org-mode is about organizing stuff the way you want. For example, some people might want to cut the address part in (STREET,ZIPCODE,CITY,COUNTRY) whereas I think it's a burden, I just put a LOCATION property with all the address in it. In the end, it does not matter for org-contacts. > The once that is done, it would be easier to write some code to > synchronize org-contacts to AddressBook/gmail contacts/vcf and even more > important my android phone. Sure that'd be cool. But I don't have such a phone unfortunately, so can't help. :) -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info