From: David Rogers <davidandrewrogers@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: keep org drawers visible
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 11:01:15 -0700	[thread overview]

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Property drawers remaining invisible even when I use
> <shift>-<TAB>
> drives me nuts. I know about M-x org-hide-drawer-toggle <RET>
> but how do
> I keep the drawers open all the time without having to toggle? I
> work on
> the basis that I want to see what I write - if I didn't then I
> wouldn't
> have written it.

It’s also possible, if you want finer control of what’s shown
(instead of showing all the properties), to add a 'columnview'
block. It would show a formatted table of whichever properties you
specify (from certain subtrees or from the entire file), arranged
in the order you choose. It’s under “Capturing column view” in the
manual. I seem not to keep the types of information that benefit
from it, but it’s there.

--
David Rogers