I'm hoping for something that works the way heading navigation works with speed keys, since n, p, and u in that context are burned into my synapses: ctrl-a out to the heading markup then n, p, or u, as needed to go to the same relative place among the markup in the target line. Perhaps endlessparentheses' context-aware method could be adapted to use org-list.el's various org-at-x-p and org-in-x-p functions. I just need to find a block of time to think clearly :-/ Cheers - bw Bill White . billw@wolfram.com "No ma'am, we're musicians."