I have this 99% working, but I'm unclear on what the permission plan should be. My apache 2.2 config is DavLockDB "/usr/pkg/var/DavLock" Alias /org/gdt "/home/gdt/ORG" Options Indexes AllowOverride AuthConfig Order allow,deny Allow from all DAV On AuthType Digest AuthName "org/gdt" AuthUserFile /home/gdt/ORG/.htpasswd Require valid-user I've set up ~/ORG to be 770 gdt.www, and mobileorg.org 660, so that apache can write to it. According to apache docs, I should have all this data owned by the apache user, and not be reading/writing it with scp/etc. http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav.html I would like to have a second mobileorg user on this system, and have apache access both files via .htpasswd digest auth, and the system prevent each user from reading the others. Am I confused about this? Any hints appreciated.