Carsten Dominik writes: > On Jun 28, 2010, at 1:36 PM, Leo wrote: > >> On 2010-06-28 11:19 +0100, Tassilo Horn wrote: >>> (setq org-link-frame-setup '((vm . vm-visit-folder) >>> (gnus . org-gnus-no-new-news) >>> (file . find-file-other-window))) >> >> I have also found creating new frame a bit annoying because I tend to >> have fullscreened emacs and really don't like a frame to pop into my >> face. > > I don't remember why I made creating a new frame the default. > Probably back then I used to have a special frame for GNUS open. > Anyway, if there is enough momentum here, we can change the default. I also don't want a new frame. Part of the problem with the new frame is that if I exit the article I am back in Summary and it's tempting to quit that - because it was perhaps just created for me and then I'm out of gnus. It's almost like the article needs a buffer-local hook to exit differently. Maybe this is something gnus needs to support more, a "show this article, but don't mess with the summary buffer or any other gnus state", or maybe it does already and I just don't understand.