Bastien writes: > Jason Dunsmore writes: > >> Carsten Dominik writes: >> >> Yes, that was my original reason. But your suggestion of adding a >> special keyword for events is another good reason. Also, as recently >> discussed, consistent formatting conventions and clarifying the >> frequently-misunderstood issue of SCHEDULED vs. no-keyword active >> timestamps are good reasons. > > I agree adding an EVENT: (or "APPT:") would be nice. I just started struggling with this when trying to make ical exports. (In my not-really-defined planning system :-) I have multiple kinds of events: events that I wish to be aware of, and perhaps choose to go to, but I don't consider myself to have a plan to attend. For this I use bare active timestamps. events that I am planning to attend, but which I feel reasonably free not to. For this I'm using TODO and SCHEDULED: (which I am thinking is wrong). events/meetings that I am committed to attending. For these I use APPT (a custom TODO sequence keyword) and SCHEDULED: After writing the above, I think my use of SCHEDULED: for events is just wrong, and I should use it only to label days (and perhaps times) that I plan to complete TODO items, and then use APPT/active and TODO/active for meetings and maybe-meetings. > PS: it took me long to reply because I'm also considering using > the property drawer to store timestamps like SCHEDULED, DEADLINE > and so on. But it is a big move and we can't delay your request > by relying on such a change. I almost always leave the property drawer collapsed, and it seems like it hides things I don't want to see. But I do want SCHEDULED, DEADLINE, etc. to be very visible. On the other hand, I would like the location property to be hoisted to the first/second line, so perhaps putting them all in the property drawer and having a customizable view where everyone can see their preferred subset, formatted nicely, would be best. Is that more or less what you are suggesting?