I often discover that I completed something a few days ago and I would like to mark it done with the appropriate date as though I had marked it done in the past. That means, e.g., for a repeating event it might repeat sooner than if it had been done today. Is there a way? I also want to to that, basically binding 'now' to a particular time in the past and then executing a todo state change (to effect the log, and also the next scheduled time). I wonder if replacing the calls to get now with a function that looks at a variable and doing (setq now-var (now)) (do-whatever) would be enough to get it to do what I want.