Viktor Rosenfeld writes: > FWIW, I think that the copyright assignment process creates a huge > barrier of entry to contribute to Orgmode and that it's unfortunate > that one has to jump through hoops like this to contribute actual code > (whereas other contributions, e.g., documentation, have no such > obligation attached). > > Also, my view of the document, as I understand it, is that it's very > one-sided and unfair to the developer, specifically the future works > and indemnification clauses. For the record, I will not sign a > document containing the indemnification clause as it currently stands. I agree that the assignment process is a big barrier; it's personally kept me from starting down the path to contributing to several projects. In particular indemnification is problematic. But, org-mode is the tail, and it's unlikely emacs will decide to stop requiring assignment because of anyone here.