I'm running from git, updating every few weeks, currently on commit c276eeebeecba23913547f62cf4b8122f0e8efa9 Author: Jambunathan K Date: Wed Sep 5 03:33:16 2012 +0530 (that commit is surely not relevant to my question...). I often hope to get more done than I do, so I'm often faced with pushing scheduled items forward. I typically do this from the agenda view, with 'C-c C-s' for individual items, and markings and 'B s' for groups of items (typically, saturday-type items to a week later). I find that with individual rescheduling, I get a prompt that has no prefilled text, and can easily type '+1', or 'sat'. 'B s' used to behave this way, but now the prompt is prefilled with '<2012-09-12 Wed>', and I have to delete that. This seems like a misfeature, because at least for me bulk-reschedulign to today is not the dominant case, and if it were . is easy to type anwyay. The info file doesn't explain this.