Bastien writes: > Bastien writes: > >> So I naturally thought of something like an "Org Expert mode": when >> turned off, the UI would *not* give access to complex features > > More precisely: the UI would not _display_ complex features, which will > still be available anyway (of course). I started using org only last summer, and found it a little daunting, but reading the intro manual was easier than I thought. There are lots of complicated features, but I found it entirely easy to ignore exporting, clocking, and many others. Looking back, the hardest thing for a new person to learn is the keybindings for scheduling, priorities, etc. in both the org mode view and agenda view. I don't see where having a mode to turn on and off would help any of this. I can sort of see the point about the export help, but I type "C-e C-h h" so fast that it barely blinks by. (Were I still on dialup I would be cranky.) Overall, I suggest enumerating what changes ought to be made for non-expert mode, and then seeing if the complexity of having a mode is really worth it, rather than inventing a mechanism and then looking for ways to apply it.