Bastien writes: > Greg Troxel writes: > >> My proposal is that C-c C-e should behave similarly to when in an org >> file, but choices that require an associated org file should be omitted. >> Specifically, I think the following options make sense: >> c c (ical combined) >> c a (ical all) >> P x (publish - choose project) >> P a (publish - all projects > > I'm reluctant to do this because then C-c C-e would mean something > very limited in agenda mode compared to what it means in Org mode. It would be limited, but it would essentially be the subset that anyone who understood might expect to work. I expected to be able to do the ical combined export from agenda, because the combined ical export isn't about any particular org file, and in the agenda I'm in org context. Specifically, I did "C-C a a" to see the agenda, and then tried "C-c C-e c c", to freshen my exported calendar daily. (I should just write a batch file to do the calendar export after finding one of my files.) > What I would find natural though is to have a "write to Org and > export" mechanism: something that would write the current agenda view > to an Org file and export this Org file. That seems like a reasonable thing to have, but it seems entirely separate. > I think C-c C-e would be good for this. That would be ok, but the bindings should not overlap the org file bindings. Or, the single file bindings could apply to the agenda, and the combined to all. I think that would be intuitive to most. I think what this comes down to is that within org users there are those who have really internalized the rules/bindings and thus think of agenda and org file as clearly different, and those who see them as subsets of org and expect common behavior when it makes sense, realizing that some things do and don't make sense given context. I realize many keybindings are different, and have no problem with that. But I don't see why I can't do the combined export, which is almost as appropriate (org_context + 0/N) as in any one file (org_context + 1/N). It's arguably more appropriate as the agenda is about the union of org files rather than one. But I can deal or change my own bindings, so the question is really about what the ensemble of current and future users will find more intuitive. Thanks for thinking about this. Greg