* Selecting a date to show on the agenda with time grids
@ 2020-12-19  8:32 Christopher Dimech
From: Christopher Dimech @ 2020-12-19  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Compeers,

I able to run the command

(org-agenda-list nil (org-read-date))

to select the date and get the week for the agenda.

But I would like the grid marks for the selected date to show up
together with the list of appointments in the time slots.

Would be very grateful if somebody can help me further with this.

Regards
Christopher

* Re: Selecting a date to show on the agenda with time grids
@ 2020-12-21 20:55 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2020-12-21 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> Dear Compeers,
>
> I able to run the command
>
> (org-agenda-list nil (org-read-date))
>
> to select the date and get the week for the agenda.
>
> But I would like the grid marks for the selected date to show up
> together with the list of appointments in the time slots.

No idea what you mean, but does `v d' on that day do what you want?
AFAIK, the grid is shown in the weekly/monthly agenda only for the
current date.  But as I said I don't really know what you mean, so I
may be misunderstanding you.  If so, please elaborate.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler

* Re: Selecting a date to show on the agenda with time grids
@ 2020-12-22 20:45 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2020-12-22 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 09:32, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> to select the date and get the week for the agenda.
>
> But I would like the grid marks for the selected date to show up
> together with the list of appointments in the time slots.

If you are asking whether you can get the time grid for any day other
than "today" when displaying a week at a time, I don't think that is
possible.  If you are viewing a day at a time, the grid can be shown for
any date.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.3-152-g713b3b