From: Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Export LaTeX command inside figure environment
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 12:08:42 +0700	[thread overview]

On 08/05/2022 07:30, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
> Thomas S. Dye writes:
>
>> Is there a way to add an arbitrary LaTeX command between
>> \begin{figure} ... \end{figure} during LaTeX export?  I want to end up
>> with the following snippet, but can't figure out how to slip in
>> \setfloatalignment{b}.  \begin{figure}[htb]
>> \centering
>> \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{hilbertcurves.pdf}
>> \caption[Hilbert curves]{\label{fig:orgparagraph1} Hilbert curves of
>> various degrees \emph{n}.}
>> \setfloatalignment{b}
>> \end{figure}
>
> I think the :caption attribute could do the trick (of course everything
> must be on one line):
>
> #+ATTR_LaTeX: :caption \caption[Hilbert
>   curves]{\label{fig:orgparagraph1} Hilbert curves of various degrees
>   \emph{n}.}\setfloatalignment{b}

Would it work if \setfloatalignment{b} is added before \includegraphics?
 From my point of view, it is still a hack due to abusing the :placement
attribute, but it is backend agnostic, so reuses caption for HTML and
relieves requirement of single long line:

#+caption[Hilbert curves]: Hilbert curves of various degrees \(n\)
#+name: orgparagraph1
#+attr_latex: :placement [b]\setfloatalignment{b}
[[file:hilbertcurves.pdf]]

# Local Variables:
# org-latex-prefer-user-labels: t
# End:

P.S. Math and absence of period are intentional. I never used tufte, so
unsure if something besides b is meaningful with \setfloatalignment{b}.
I dropped "ht" to make inconsistency apparent and expecting that when
figures are moved to the end of document, "ht" should be used instead
with removing of \setfloatalignment.