On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Nathan Neff wrote: > > > I think you want to customize the org-blank-before-new-entry variable. > > > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#blank-line-after-headlines-and-list-items > Nice! That almost fixed it. But, I think the documentation is a bit wrong. Try this: * Item One * Item Two * Item Three * Item Four * Item Five Try to hit M- at the end of Item Three. Even though there are no blanks before Three, it will still add the blank. It looks forward as well as backward. M- after Item Four will also add the blank. It's not a big deal, just a slight documentation issue. Now that I know how it behaves, I can make it do what I want easily :) > > I think this is an Aquamacs thing -- Aquamacs overrides the C-Ret binding > with > some cua-set-rectangle-mark function that I know nothing about. > > What I have found is that C-Ret runs "org-insert-heading-respect-content", > (except on Aquamacs). > > Anyway, M-Ret will do the *same thing* (to the best of my knowledge) > /if/ you have this setting: > > (setq org-insert-heading-respect-content t) > > And I think that most people that use org-mode do indeed set > org-insert-heading-respect-content. > > So, I don't bother w/C-Ret, and just use M-Ret all the time, after > setting the above variable to 't > HTH, > > Perfect! Fixed and fixed! We can consider this thread closed! -Dave