Ihor Radchenko writes: > (let ((org-time-stamp-formats '("%Y-%m-%d" . "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M"))) > (org-element-timestamp-interpreter timestamp nil)) Thanks for the pointer. I have made this into a macro and redid my changes accordingly. Please also let me know if more work should be dedicated to avoid code duplication in tests (I see a lot of duplication in the portions I touched in testing/lisp/test-org.el). What currently still fails unexpectedly: zh_CN.UTF-8: test-org-clock/clocktable/lang - This test only fails in batch mode, as I mentioned up-thread. I might try to convert this into a test that expects failure depending on whether Emacs is in batch mode. test-org-colview/columns-width - This patch did not attempt to fix it. I posted a diff file under v2 (not included in this patch), but that didn't work either. ja_JA.UTF-8: test-org-colview/columns-width - See above. fr_FR.UTF-8: test-org-clok/org-clock-timestamps-change - This is tracked in the other thread I created, and won't be fixed by this patch. en_US.UTF-8 and de_DE.UTF-8: No unexpected test failures.