* Emacs setups?
@ 2010-03-31 15:11 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-03-31 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm not an Emacs user, but use it for org-mode, mostly on a Mac.

I tried finding some discussions on this list about what everyone
on this list uses for Emacs.

I have three Emacs builds that I bounce back & forth between:
1) Aquamacs
2) http://atomized.org/wp-content/cocoa-emacs-nightly/ (found on
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsForMacOS#toc10)
3) http://emacsformacosx.com/ (also found on
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsForMacOS#toc10)

Can anyone point me to a thread where org-mode users discuss the version of
Emacs that they use and OS, etc?

Carsten, what version of Emacs do you use?

Thanks,
--Nate

* Re: Emacs setups?
@ 2010-04-07 14:04 ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-04-07 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm not an Emacs user, but use it for org-mode, mostly on a Mac.
>
> I tried finding some discussions on this list about what everyone
> on this list uses for Emacs.
>
> I have three Emacs builds that I bounce back & forth between:
> 1) Aquamacs
> 2) http://atomized.org/wp-content/cocoa-emacs-nightly/ (found on
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsForMacOS#toc10)
> 3) http://emacsformacosx.com/ (also found on
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsForMacOS#toc10)
>
> Can anyone point me to a thread where org-mode users discuss the version
> of Emacs that they use and OS, etc?

I personally use the 2) on OSX 10.6 and I'm quite satisfied.
Sometimes it happens that it crashes (very seldomly) but for the rest is
quite good.

I don't understand the difference with 3), maybe less packages already inside.

Anyway not being an emacs using org-mode is a "pity", because if you get
more confident with emacs itself you will be also much more productive
with org-mode (and viceversa).

* Re: Re: Emacs setups?
@ 2010-04-07 17:26   ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-04-07 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)