On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:33:44 +0200 Carsten Dominik wrote: cd> For this specific application, you might consider a different route: Thanks for your input. I had some look at this route, and ended up with a function that inserts the remember item (defined in calling function) and inserts it into the org-remember-templates before calling org-remember. I would like to do this in a way that it only temporarily modifies the org-remember-templates, but at the moment, this function does that permanently. My Lisp knowledge is not really good enough to figure this one out without help, I am afraid. I tried to address that issue by using copy-sequence and copy-alist to work on local copies of the org-remember-templates, but that does not seem to solve the issue, which is why I am attaching the function now in its first implementation. Any input you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Georg