On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:05:31 -0700 Carsten Dominik wrote: cd> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Adding-hyperlink-types Thanks a lot. I now created org-mairix-gnus.el to hook mairix into Org mode using Gnus as the MUA. This is essentially the same functionality (minus threading capabilities) so it can be used instead of the patch. A simple (require 'org-mairix-gnus) in your .gnus should do the job. Prerequisites are that mairix is set up, and that the variable mairix-gnus-results-group is set to whatever you're using to display mairix search results. I'd still like to clean up the code, however, and am wondering about potential threaded search. Would it be possible to a) give additional arguments to the function to open the link? or b) have different functions to follow the link? It strikes me that a might be much easier than b, though. Regards, Georg