Michael Eliachevitch writes: > [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]] > Dear all, > > I'm not sure if this is the correct mailinglist for org-contrib bugs. I found that org-contacts.el uses `lexical-let*` which is defined in `cl`, but it only requires `cl-lib` where it is not defined. > > I found this because I use `org-contacts-message-complete-function` to autocomplete contacts in mu4e > and recently it started giving me errors, see this stacktrace: > > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function start) > start(121) > org-contacts-message-complete-function() > completion--capf-wrapper(org-contacts-message-complete-function all) > completion-at-point() > message-tab() > funcall-interactively(message-tab) > command-execute(message-tab) > > However, when I went to the source file and evaluated it (or used the debugger), everything worked > fine. So it seems this error was just occurring when running over the compiled file (I compile to > elc via the nativ-comp branch and with straight). > > I then did a search for the query and found a stackexchange post > (https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/18727) which gave me the idea for the cause. Adding `(require cl) > to the file and recompiling it fixed the error. > > My org version is release_9.4.5-321-ge641d3. However, I see that on the master branch still uses > lexical-let*. > > Is this a bug or some error in my configuration? Should I send an email elsewhere or submit a > bug-report? Because (require 'cl) is deprecated, test solution would be to replace the lexical-let* > with something else like a normal let*, but I'm not confident enough in my lisp to do this by > myself. > > Best regards, > Michael Eliachevitch Sorry for late response, I missed this thread. I checked source code for now, It should have been fixed now. Can you check it out? Thanks for bug reporting. -- [ stardiviner ] I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express. Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/ IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3