* Org-mobile for Android and syncing
@ 2013-03-14 21:50 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-03-14 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm about to buy an Android smartphone.  Of course, I want to use
Org-mobile.  However, I don't use Dropbox (I use another, similar
service, called SpiderOak).  Is it possible to synchronize using such a
service?  (If not, I'll set up a Dropbox account, which I'm probably
ging to do anyway - I'm just curious.)

Best regards,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Org-mobile for Android and syncing
@ 2013-03-14 22:05 ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2013-03-14 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

Hi Marcin:

> I'm about to buy an Android smartphone.  Of course, I want to use
> Org-mobile.  However, I don't use Dropbox (I use another, similar
> service, called SpiderOak).  Is it possible to synchronize using such a
> service?

No currently Mobileorg does not support SpiderOak. Here is a list of
supported methods:

          - Sync files from sdcard
          - Sync files from a WebDAV server
          - Sync files from Dropbox
          - Sync files from Ubuntu One
          - Sync files from an SSH server

Charles

--
"Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The
Labs."

* Re: Org-mobile for Android and syncing
@ 2013-03-14 22:15   ` Subhan Tindall
From: Subhan Tindall @ 2013-03-14 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Org mobile is currently unavailable in the Android market, with no
scheduled return time.

--
Subhan Michael Tindall | Software Developer
| smt@rentrakmail.com
RENTRAK | www.rentrak.com | NASDAQ: RENT

* Re: Org-mobile for Android and syncing
@ 2013-03-14 22:20     ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2013-03-14 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Subhan Tindall <subhan.tindall@rentrakmail.com> writes:

Hi Subhan:

> Org mobile is currently unavailable in the Android market, with no
> scheduled return time.

Are you sure? I can access it just fine:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.matburt.mobileorg&feature=search_result

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.matburt.mobileorg.donate&feature=search_result

Charles

--
Microsoft is not the answer.
Microsoft is the question.

* Re: Org-mobile for Android and syncing
@ 2013-03-14 22:30   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-03-14 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dnia 2013-03-14, o godz. 18:05:21
Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> napisał(a):

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:
>
> Hi Marcin:
>
> > I'm about to buy an Android smartphone.  Of course, I want to use
> > Org-mobile.  However, I don't use Dropbox (I use another, similar
> > service, called SpiderOak).  Is it possible to synchronize using
> > such a service?
>
> No currently Mobileorg does not support SpiderOak. Here is a list of
> supported methods:
>
>           - Sync files from an SSH server

Does this mean that if I have an account on some server, and I can log
in there through SSH, I can set it up for MobileOrg?  (Sorry for a
possibly lame question, I don't know much about networking and such
things.)

And a follow-up question: I'd like to be able to clock things on my
phone.  I can't see clocking in the feature set of MobileOrg; are there
any other Android apps to clock tasks, and is it possible to import
their data into Org?  If not, well, didn't someone mention GSoC;)?

> Charles

Thanks a lot

--

@ 2013-03-14 22:46     ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2013-03-14 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

Hi Marcin:

> Does this mean that if I have an account on some server, and I can log
> in there through SSH, I can set it up for MobileOrg?  (Sorry for a
> possibly lame question, I don't know much about networking and such
> things.)

Yes, just stage the files to the server. The initial setup wizard in
Mobileorg will guide you through the Android side of things.

> And a follow-up question: I'd like to be able to clock things on my
> phone.  I can't see clocking in the feature set of MobileOrg; are there
> any other Android apps to clock tasks, and is it possible to import
> their data into Org?  If not, well, didn't someone mention GSoC;)?

Clocking is supported.

Charles

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)

* Re: Org-mobile for Android and syncing
@ 2013-03-15 22:06       ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2013-03-15 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

>> And a follow-up question: I'd like to be able to clock things on my
>> phone.  I can't see clocking in the feature set of MobileOrg; are there
>> any other Android apps to clock tasks, and is it possible to import
>> their data into Org?  If not, well, didn't someone mention GSoC;)?
>
> Clocking is supported.

While talking about mobileorg features, can someone tell me which
mobileorg it is ? I can see at least 2: mobileorg (the origianl) and
mobileorgNG (a dead fork ?). Not clear for me.

Also, do I have to add per file SEQ_TODO/TAGS to be able to see them in
mobileorg ?

Thank you.

/Xavier

* Re: Org-mobile for Android and syncing
@ 2013-03-15 22:52         ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2013-03-15 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode