Andreas Leha writes: > Hi Marco, > > Marco Wahl writes: >> Andreas Leha writes: >> >>> how would I export an org file containing >>> >>> [[file:./myimage.pdf]] >>> >>> to html so that a say png version myimage.pdf is inlined in the html >>> which links to the pdf? >>> >>> I guess it should be possible to run imagemagick on all pdf links during >>> export somehow. >> >> You could introduce a relation of the pdf-filenames to the respective >> thumb-filenames e.g. by using the suffix '_thumb'. Before the export >> the conversion tool would create the thumbs. >> >> The org-file could reference the data as >> >> [[file:./myimage.pdf][file:myimage_thumb.png]] >> >> See the info page (info "(org)Images in HTML export")? >> >> Untested. I just accidentially browsed that info page yesterday. >> >> > > Thanks for your thoughts. I would like to automate all of that. So, I > guess the first question is where to put code that would trigger the > conversion and how to best detect links to pdfs. Well - this is coming again and again - but no solution out of the box. There are effectively two approaches: 1) Macro to change properties according to backend used. One usage is changing the file name extension according to the backend. This is implemented as a simplified macro below. This could be done by using ~(by-backend (html "graph.png") (latex "graph.pdf") (t "graph.pdf"))~ See [[http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-LaTeX.html#sec-4-3][work section ob-doc-LaTeX]] for details. #+begin_src emacs-lisp (setq org-babel-latex-htlatex "htlatex") (defmacro rmk-by-backend (&rest body) `(case (if (boundp 'backend) (org-export-backend-name backend) nil) ,@body)) #+end_src 2) To use svg image format, which is supported by both (although has it's drawbacks: slow rendering of the html, need to run external programs upon compilation) So the first might be the modst feasible option. Rainer > > Thanks, > Andreas > > > -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982