hi Ihor, Ihor Radchenko writes: > "Daniel M. German" writes: > >> Sometimes I think it is useful to open a DB in readonly mode >> >> eg. to avoid modifying by mistake >> >> This is a patch to ob-sqlite.el to accomplish that >> >> It adds support for opening a sqlite database in readonly only. >> >> It does it by adding a babel parameter readonly. If present, the >> database will be opened in readonly mode. Example: >> >> #+begin_src sqlite :readonly :db /tmp/rip.db >> insert into a values (1,2); >> select * from a; >> #+end_src > > Thanks for the patch! > > May you please change the patch to avoid header arguments without value? > What ob-sqlite doing with "others" is not right because it prevents > setting ":readonly yes" as default header argument and then selectively > disabling it via ":readonly no". > > Also, since you are adding a new feature, please announce it in > etc/ORG-NEWS and document it in > https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-sqlite.html > (the source code is in > https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/tree/master/item/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-sqlite.org) I have changed the code. 1. It is enabled only with ":readonly yes. Disabled with any other value 2. Documented change in NEWS 3. Added a patch for Worg Thanks again, --daniel