On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Nick wrote: > Manish Sharma wrote: > > "C-c a t" should show all the TODO items. You may also want to > > take a look at "org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines", > > "org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled" and > > "org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date" as well. > > Thanks for your answer - however, I did come across those, and I don't > believe > they would do the job I have in mind, because items must still be > explicitly > labelled "TODO" before they will appear in the agenda view. > > Nick, Try using "m" instead of "t": C-c a m LEVEL>2/-DONE RET The "m" does a general tags/props search, instead of requiring a TODO state. --Nate What I mean is, give a file structure like this, where level 1 is a project > name, and level 2 contain items to do (which are not labelled TODO items, > necessarily): > > * SS Organised > ** scrub the deck > ** man the poopdeck > ** DONE splice the mainbrace > > * Good ship lollipop > ** NEXT lubber's teeth out > (Beware, she bites) > ** fix treadmill > ** scrub the deck > > The workflow is TODO -> NEXT -> DONE, with TODO implicit: I consider "scrub > the > deck" a TODO, even though I've not added a TODO label, because it's on > level >= > 2. This saves typing and reduces clutter. (The level at which TODO items > lie > varies depending on my organisation scheme.) > > > Then I want the TODO agenda view to look something like this, so I can > print it > out for reference (ideally without the duplicate TODO inserted in front of > each > item, as currently seems to happen, but that's probably another question): > > Global list of TODO items of type: ALL > Available with `N r': (0)ALL (1)TODO (2)NEXT (3)DONE > TODO: scrub the deck > TODO: man the poopdeck > NEXT: lubber's teeth out > TODO: fix treadmill > TODO: scrub the deck > > > > It might not be possible to do this currently, which is fine - I just want > to > confirm that fact. Perhaps in that case I could write my own extension, or > more > preferably, adapt my scheme to something which works with org-mode as it > is. > > Cheers, > > N > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >