* MobileOrg app not available in the Belgian App Store?
@ 2013-04-04 11:26 Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2013-04-04 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I wanted to install the MobileOrg app on my iPhone, but iTunes claims
that there is no such app in the Belgian App Store?!

Did I miss something?

Guido

--
It was Penguin lust... at its ugliest.

http://vanhoecke.org ... and go2 places!

* Re: MobileOrg app not available in the Belgian App Store?
@ 2013-04-05 16:51 ` Holger Wenzel
From: Holger Wenzel @ 2013-04-05 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Guido,

> I wanted to install the MobileOrg app on my iPhone, but iTunes claims
> that there is no such app in the Belgian App Store?!
>
> Did I miss something?

did you go to,

http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/

?

It looks like it's currently not available in the app store. At least in
Germany I don't get it as well.

And with that OS running on the smartphone there is little chance to get the
app installed through a different channel.

I wish I had my android back, unfortunately I work for an employer that
constantly chooses mediocre tools.

Cheers,

Holger

* Re: MobileOrg app not available in the Belgian App Store?
@ 2013-04-06 22:06   ` David Jennings
From: David Jennings @ 2013-04-06 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 05/04/13 17:51, Holger Wenzel wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>>
>> I wanted to install the MobileOrg app on my iPhone, but iTunes claims
>> that there is no such app in the Belgian App Store?!
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>
> did you go to,
>
> http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/
>
> ?
>
> It looks like it's currently not available in the app store. At least in
> Germany I don't get it as well.
>
> And with that OS running on the smartphone there is little chance to get the
> app installed through a different channel.
>
> I wish I had my android back, unfortunately I work for an employer that
> constantly chooses mediocre tools.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Holger

Yes. I think there was a problem with the Dropbox API changing. It looks
like a patch has been submitted that fixes the issue but I think there
was also some complication with api keys or something. The change-over
of maintainer probably complicates things as well.

So it should re-appear at some stage but it's hard to know when.

Cheers,

Dave.

* Re: MobileOrg app not available in the Belgian App Store?
@ 2013-04-07 10:50     ` Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2013-04-07 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Jennings, Holger Wenzel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Holger and David

> On 05/04/13 17:51, Holger Wenzel wrote:
>> Hi Guido,
>>>
>>> I wanted to install the MobileOrg app on my iPhone, but iTunes claims
>>> that there is no such app in the Belgian App Store?!
>>>
>>> Did I miss something?
>>
>> did you go to http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/
Yep, they link to the appstore, and the app is not available

> Yes. I think there was a problem with the Dropbox API changing. It
> looks like a patch has been submitted that fixes the issue but I think
> there was also some complication with api keys or something. The
> change-over of maintainer probably complicates things as well.

Well, I got the source from GitHub and built it with XCode.

Building for the Simulatore works fine. However building for the iPhone
fails. I'll open a separate thread for that rather than highjack this
thread.

At least, this enables me to start playing with MobileOrg, albeit on the
simulator.

Guido

--
There are more ways of killing a cat than choking her with cream.

@ 2013-04-07 11:24       ` Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2013-04-07 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Jennings; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Holger Wenzel

Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Holger and David
>
>> On 05/04/13 17:51, Holger Wenzel wrote:
>>> Hi Guido,

>>> did you go to http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/
> Yep, they link to the appstore, and the app is not available
>
>> Yes. I think there was a problem with the Dropbox API changing. It
>> looks like a patch has been submitted that fixes the issue but I think
>> there was also some complication with api keys or something. The
>> change-over of maintainer probably complicates things as well.
>
> Well, I got the source from GitHub and built it with XCode.
>
> Building for the Simulatore works fine. However building for the iPhone
> fails. I'll open a separate thread for that rather than highjack this
> thread.

Fixed by getting latest GHUnitIOS.framework from
https://github.com/downloads/gabriel/gh-unit/GHUnitIOS-0.5.6.zip

So if you guys have access to a MAC and XCode, this is one way to get it
on your devices :)

> At least, this enables me to start playing with MobileOrg, albeit on the
> simulator.

Guido

--
Your program is sick!  Shoot it and put it out of its memory.

@ 2013-04-08  8:39         ` Rainer M. Krug
From: Rainer M. Krug @ 2013-04-08  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guido Van Hoecke; +Cc: David Jennings, emacs-orgmode, Holger Wenzel

Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:

> Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Holger and David

>> Yep, they link to the appstore, and the app is not available
>>
>>> Yes. I think there was a problem with the Dropbox API changing. It
>>> looks like a patch has been submitted that fixes the issue but I think
>>> there was also some complication with api keys or something. The
>>> change-over of maintainer probably complicates things as well.
>>
>> Well, I got the source from GitHub and built it with XCode.
>>
>> Building for the Simulatore works fine. However building for the iPhone
>> fails. I'll open a separate thread for that rather than highjack this
>> thread.
>
> Fixed by getting latest GHUnitIOS.framework from
> https://github.com/downloads/gabriel/gh-unit/GHUnitIOS-0.5.6.zip
>
> So if you guys have access to a MAC and XCode, this is one way to get it
> on your devices :)

Now the obvious question from somebody who neither has a Mac nor knows
anything about the intricacies of the Apple app store:

What is the problem at the moment with releasing the working version for
iOS? I would really much like to have it back as I seem to be
approaching emacs-land (first org-mode, now gnus, and next?).

Cheers,

Rainer

>> At least, this enables me to start playing with MobileOrg, albeit on the
>> simulator.
>

> Guido
>
> --
> Your program is sick!  Shoot it and put it out of its memory.
>
> http://vanhoecke.org ... and go2 places!

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

* Re: MobileOrg app not available in the Belgian App Store?
@ 2013-04-08 14:45           ` Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2013-04-08 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mobileorg; +Cc: David Jennings, Rainer M. Krug, emacs-orgmode, Holger Wenzel

Hi,

Rainer@krugs.de (Rainer M. Krug) writes:

> Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Holger and David

>>> Yep, they link to the appstore, and the app is not available

>>> Well, I got the source from GitHub and built it with XCode.
>>>
>>> Building for the Simulatore works fine. However building for the iPhone
>>> fails. I'll open a separate thread for that rather than highjack this
>>> thread.
>>
>> Fixed by getting latest GHUnitIOS.framework from
>> https://github.com/downloads/gabriel/gh-unit/GHUnitIOS-0.5.6.zip
>>
>> So if you guys have access to a MAC and XCode, this is one way to get it
>> on your devices :)
>
> Now the obvious question from somebody who neither has a Mac nor knows
> anything about the intricacies of the Apple app store:
>
> What is the problem at the moment with releasing the working version for
> iOS? I would really much like to have it back as I seem to be
> approaching emacs-land (first org-mode, now gnus, and next?).

I'm just passing this on to mobileorg@spandrel.org which is the contact
address listed at https://github.com/mobileorg/mobileorg

Hope this helps,

Guido

@ 2013-04-08 15:02             ` Rainer M. Krug
From: Rainer M. Krug @ 2013-04-08 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guido Van Hoecke; +Cc: David Jennings, Holger Wenzel, emacs-orgmode, mobileorg

Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Rainer@krugs.de (Rainer M. Krug) writes:
>
>> Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Fixed by getting latest GHUnitIOS.framework from
>>> https://github.com/downloads/gabriel/gh-unit/GHUnitIOS-0.5.6.zip
>>>
>>> So if you guys have access to a MAC and XCode, this is one way to get it
>>> on your devices :)
>>
>> Now the obvious question from somebody who neither has a Mac nor knows
>> anything about the intricacies of the Apple app store:
>>
>> What is the problem at the moment with releasing the working version for
>> iOS? I would really much like to have it back as I seem to be
>> approaching emacs-land (first org-mode, now gnus, and next?).
>
> I'm just passing this on to mobileorg@spandrel.org which is the contact
> address listed at https://github.com/mobileorg/mobileorg

Great - thanks.

> Hope this helps,

Hope so to - at least a clarification and possibley a time line.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Guido
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rainer
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

* Re: MobileOrg app not available in the Belgian App Store?
@ 2013-04-10  0:30               ` Sean Escriva
                                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sean Escriva @ 2013-04-10  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M. Krug
  Cc: Guido Van Hoecke, David Jennings, mobileorg, emacs-orgmode,
	Holger Wenzel

Hi All,

I'm the current maintainer for the MobileOrg github repo. I'm
currently working on getting the app back in the app store as soon as
possible. Within 2 weeks depending on the review process, according to
the previous maintainer that's where it got hung up before so I'll
have to wait and see.

Alex who runs the spandrel.org account is helping out as his time permits.

The current release works with the latest Dropbox API and also
provides a new option to launch in capture mode. I have been testing a
debug build on my device for about 2 weeks and am satisfied with it
enough to get it back in the store and available for all.

Feature requests/issues/support will all be handled via github issues
as much as possible, but feel free to contact me directly as well if
you like.

I'll send an update to the list as soon as there's any more info.

Glad there's still people that find it useful!

thanks,
-sean

@ 2013-04-10  2:23                 ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2013-04-10  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Escriva
  Cc: Holger Wenzel, mobileorg, David Jennings, emacs-orgmode,
	Guido Van Hoecke, Rainer M. Krug

So far as I could tell, http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/ didn't have
mobileorg available for anything at all.  The page just announced the
management change status of the project and that it was removed from the
apple store.   There was I think a dropbox link on the page that wasn't
labeled so I didn't use it to find out what it would do.  If that was
the download link, then I missed it entirely.  It would be helpful if
Apple store would notify people when a particular project that was
temporarily removed from the apple store when the project is either
permanently removed or restored to the apple store too but that doesn't
happen either yet.

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, Sean Escriva wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm the current maintainer for the MobileOrg github repo. I'm
> currently working on getting the app back in the app store as soon as
> possible. Within 2 weeks depending on the review process, according to
> the previous maintainer that's where it got hung up before so I'll
> have to wait and see.
>
> Alex who runs the spandrel.org account is helping out as his time permits.
>
> The current release works with the latest Dropbox API and also
> provides a new option to launch in capture mode. I have been testing a
> debug build on my device for about 2 weeks and am satisfied with it
> enough to get it back in the store and available for all.
>
> Feature requests/issues/support will all be handled via github issues
> as much as possible, but feel free to contact me directly as well if
> you like.
>
> I'll send an update to the list as soon as there's any more info.
>
> Glad there's still people that find it useful!
>
> thanks,
> -sean
>

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Rainer M. Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> wrote:
> > Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> I'm just passing this on to mobileorg@spandrel.org which is the contact
> >> address listed at https://github.com/mobileorg/mobileorg
> >
> > Great - thanks.
> >

> >> Hope this helps,
> >

> > Hope so to - at least a clarification and possibley a time line.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Rainer
> >

> >> Guido

> > <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
> >
> > --
> > Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)
> >
> > Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
> > Stellenbosch University
> > South Africa
> >
> > Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
> > Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
> > Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44
> >
> > Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44
> >
> > email:      Rainer@krugs.de
> >
> > Skype:      RMkrug

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Microsoft, windows is accessible. why do blind people need screen readers?

* Re: MobileOrg app not available in the Belgian App Store?
@ 2013-04-10  2:48                   ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2013-04-10  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Escriva
  Cc: Holger Wenzel, mobileorg, David Jennings, emacs-orgmode,
	Guido Van Hoecke, Rainer M. Krug

I may be able to come up with a G5 later this year have had to live
several years without the mac mini since lightning killed it 52 days
before Steve Jobs died.  If necessary then I'll be able to go the git
route and use xcode.

@ 2013-04-10  6:41                 ` Rainer M. Krug
From: Rainer M. Krug @ 2013-04-10  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Escriva
  Cc: Guido Van Hoecke, David Jennings, mobileorg, emacs-orgmode,
	Holger Wenzel

Sean Escriva <sean.escriva@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm the current maintainer for the MobileOrg github repo. I'm
> currently working on getting the app back in the app store as soon as
> possible. Within 2 weeks depending on the review process, according to
> the previous maintainer that's where it got hung up before so I'll
> have to wait and see.
>
> Alex who runs the spandrel.org account is helping out as his time permits.
>
> The current release works with the latest Dropbox API and also
> provides a new option to launch in capture mode. I have been testing a
> debug build on my device for about 2 weeks and am satisfied with it
> enough to get it back in the store and available for all.
>
> Feature requests/issues/support will all be handled via github issues
> as much as possible, but feel free to contact me directly as well if
> you like.
>
> I'll send an update to the list as soon as there's any more info.

Good to hear - I am looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Rainer

@ 2013-04-10  7:30                 ` Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2013-04-10  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Escriva
  Cc: David Jennings, Rainer M. Krug, emacs-orgmode, mobileorg,
	Holger Wenzel

Sean Escriva <sean.escriva@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm the current maintainer for the MobileOrg github repo. I'm
> currently working on getting the app back in the app store as soon as
> possible. Within 2 weeks depending on the review process, according to
> the previous maintainer that's where it got hung up before so I'll
> have to wait and see.
>
> Alex who runs the spandrel.org account is helping out as his time permits.
>
> The current release works with the latest Dropbox API and also
> provides a new option to launch in capture mode. I have been testing a
> debug build on my device for about 2 weeks and am satisfied with it
> enough to get it back in the store and available for all.
>
> Feature requests/issues/support will all be handled via github issues
> as much as possible, but feel free to contact me directly as well if
> you like.
>
> I'll send an update to the list as soon as there's any more info.
>
> Glad there's still people that find it useful!

Well, it's looking great so far :)

Thanks for your effort!

Guido