Hello again, I’m confused about the distinction between BEGIN_EXAMPLE and BEGIN_SRC and LaTeX export. I tend to use BEGIN_SRC more often because I’m taking advantage of Babel output. Consider this file: #+TITLE: Test Org File This is an example. * Simple environments #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE emacs-lisp (+ 3 4) #+END_EXAMPLE #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (+ 3 4) #+END_SRC * LaTeX attributes #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment lstlisting #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE emacs-lisp (+ 3 4) #+END_EXAMPLE #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment lstlisting #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (+ 3 4) #+END_SRC In the simple case, both EXAMPLE and SRC export as {verbatim} environments; that’s fine as a default. In the second case, the ATTR_LATEX request for the {lstlisting} environment works on EXAMPLE but appears to be ignored on SRC. To confound me further, setting org-latex-custom-lang-environments doesn’t seem to have any effect in either case. (setq org-latex-custom-lang-environments '((emacs-lisp "lstlisting"))) I’m not sure what I’m overlooking. Be seeing you, norm -- Norman Walsh | There has never been a perfect http://nwalsh.com/ | government, because men have passions; | and if they did not have passions, | there would be no need for | government.--Voltaire