Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Hello, > > Rainer M Krug writes: > >> I see comments as "entities which do not have any impact on the final >> product". >> >> If you regard the org file as the final product, then I >> completely agree (I use org mainly for literate programming, and I don't >> use any comments unless in linger code blocks, but that is not in >> org). But if I use org for writing e.g. presentations in beamer, I might want >> to add comments which should not be on the product (slides, article, >> handout, ...) but which contain info in the org file. >> >> So we are talking different levels here. > > Comments do not alter the final product: they are ignored during export. > But there are places where you cannot have comments, at all. If we look > at the following example, similar to OP's: > > Some text > # comment > Some other text > > comment do not split the paragraph: there were two paragraphs since the > beginning (but still no spoon). It's only disturbing if you think > comments can be inserted within paragraphs, which is not the case. I think I see what you mean: if the comment would not be there, the text would look as follow: ,---- | Some text | | Some other text `---- for the exporter. So the comment here ,---- | Some text | # comment | Some other text `---- is ignored, but not the empty line resulting - is this correct? I think the confusion is that comments in org are between comment lines and inline comments in this regard. > > This may not be perfect, but, as for me, it's good enough. > [snip: examples (24 lines)] > > Again, I think comments are acceptable, once you are aware about their > limitations. But, I don't prevent you from opening that can of worms. Don't worry - I am happy as it stands now and have no complains. > > > Regards, Cheers, Rainer -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom