We might not always want a full export of an org heading to html for sending an email. Eric Brown would like to just send something that looks like what he sees in org-mode. There is another way to get html from emacs: htmlize! Here is an example. Eric: if this is what you mean, see my modified org-mime.el at [[https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/org-mime.el]]. The command to send a subtree is: [[elisp:org-mime-subtree-htmlize]] #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE My comment was motivated by other usage where I wish that I could simply wrap an entire simple text, whitespace-formatted email message, e.g. generated from org export to a plain text buffer, with a Monospace directive so that webmail users could appreciate what I see with Sans Mono. #+END_EXAMPLE | a | b | c | | 4 | 5 | 6 | An equation \(e^{i\pi} + 1 = 0\) A figure: #+NAME: fig-particle [[file:./images/Au-icosahedron-3.png]] A code block: #+BEGIN_SRC python for i in range(5): print(i) #+END_SRC * A subtree An orgmode reference: [[#Dominik201408][Dominik201408]]. A figure reference: [[ref:fig-particle]].