Ihor Radchenko writes: >> Exporting crashes Emacs. > > *shrug* Nothing unusual, statistically speaking. Emacs crashes and freezes on macOS now and then. I just wanted to give you a thorough account of what exactly I did. > May you try with Emacs version that is not bleeding edge? Like Emacs > 28. So, I did the following: + removed Emacs 29 + installed Emacs 28.2 + recompiled Org Mode with 'make' + deleted '~/.emacs.d' + made sure cache/overlays remain enabled in '.emacs' + opened 'notebook.org' + initiated Org export to HTML + got 's-matches-p: Wrong number of arguments: #, 4' + figured out WTF + added MELPA + installed 'citeproc' and 'htmlize' (should ship with Emacs, IMO) + opened 'notebook.org' again + enabled profiling + initiated Org export to HTML again + waited for 1 minute and 35 seconds + saved 'emacs-28-org-export.profile' Rudy