(I replied to Steve directly but forgot to copy the list. Here it is.) On 2014-12-09 19:05, Steven Arntson writes: > I've been searching many moons for this exact functionality! I'm very > glad to run across this, but as a fairly new emacser, I'm not sure what > to do with this code. I copied it into my init.el, marked it and ran > 'eval-region', but what do I call to use the functions? If I can get this > working, I will be using it every day. - open a directory in dired mode - put the cursor on the file you want to link to - call `org-store-link' (which may be bound to `C-c l') The link is now stored. You can insert in an org file it with `org-insert-link' (often bound to `C-c C-l'). Alternatively, you can use an org-capture template that captures a link to the current context, and use it in dired mode. Best, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7