Michael Weylandt writes: >> On Nov 13, 2014, at 10:54 AM, Michael Weylandt wrote: >> >> Is it possible to have certain blocks tangled as part of export so >> that they are available as input files to later source blocks? >> >> E.g., >> >> #+BEGIN_SRC python :tangle hello.py >> print "Hello World" >> #+END_SRC >> >> #+BEGIN_SRC sh >> python hello.py >> #+END_SRC >> >> If I tangle before running, then the second code block will work; else, it fails because 'hello.py' is not found. [1] >> >> I can run tangle and export in a row (and I have my own function to >> do just that) but is there a native org way to do so? > > Adding org-babel-tangle to the org-export-before-processing-hook does > the job, but I'd still be interested in knowing if there's a more > official method. I think this is the more-or-less official way of doing it - that's what hooks are for: to do pre- and post-processing, which is exactly what you want to do. I like it actually. Do you set the hook as a file local variable, and if yes, how? Because this would be brilliant. Cheers, Rainer > > -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982