Hi Charles, On 2017-01-16 11:38, charles@aurox.ch (Charles A. Roelli) writes: > On Mon, Jan 16 2017 at 09:48:38 am, Alan Schmitt wrote: > >> I'm looking for a workflow that allows me to save a web page for >> reference, ideally from Firefox. I know of org-protocol-capture-html >> (https://github.com/alphapapa/org-protocol-capture-html), which is >> perfect for pure-text pages, but I'm also looking for a solution for >> images-heavy pages. I've tried to simply save the page to PDF, but it >> does not preserve the links. > > You might also want to try org-board: > > https://github.com/scallywag/org-board > > It offers archiving, diffing between archives, and anything `wget' can > do (see its manual for more details). I haven't integrated it with > Firefox, but if you can > > a) Get the current URL from Firefox, > b) Send it to Emacs, > c) Open a dedicated web bookmark file buffer, create a heading for > the URL, and run `org-board-archive', > > then org-board would take care of archiving the site exactly as you see > it in the browser. This is great! Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I just gave it a try and it works beautifully. (I haven't integrated it with Firefox, but I think it should not be too difficult using org-protocol.) Best, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2016-12: 404.48, 2015-12: 401.85