Great! I'd think that shall do. Thank you for this fast fix! On 2016-08-23 Tue 07:44, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > John Kitchin writes: > >> I can confirm this happens. I think it happens because the abbreviation >> is not listed in org-plain-link-re, so when the bracket link is >> activated, no type is ever defined (it is done by a group in the >> org-plain-link-re). The type is somewhat fundamental to the activation >> function, as it is used to look up all the link properties, and hence >> you get the default help (and all other properties too). >> >> I haven't thought of a simple fix though. It would involve adding the >> abbreviations to the known link types, and some kind of lookup for when >> the type in a link is not in org-link-parameters that resolves the type >> to something in org-link-parameters. Since the abbreviations seem to >> have quite flexible format, it isn't obvious how to do that robustly, >> without changing the abbreviation syntax. > > I pushed a simple fix as 112463cbffb8bec7ec318c27d3b862e9ddcf76f3 that > avoids extending `org-plain-link-re'. Link abbreviation is limited to > bracket links whereas `org-link-parameters' helps defining plain links. > > Let me know if it isn't a sufficient solution. > > > Regards, -- Fetch my gnupg key: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7E3CA33F