From: tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye)
To: Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Filters not working
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 09:39:15 -1000	[thread overview]

Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> Did you upgrade as in 'git pull'? If not, I cannot help.

Yes, Org-mode version 8.0.7 (release_8.0.7-377-gef2d47 @
/Users/dk/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/)

> If so,
>
> This bit of org-mode:
>
> ,----
> | * headline
> |

> | #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :eval yes :exports both
> |   (defun test-filter-final (text back-end info)
> |     "What is back-end?"
> |     (concat "type-of back-end: "
> |             (format "%S" (type-of back-end))
> |             "\nname of back-end: "
> |             (symbol-name (org-export-backend-name back-end))))
> |
> |   (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions 'test-filter-final)
> | #+END_SRC
> `----
>
> will export via
>
>     C-c C-e l L y
>
> as
>
> ,----
> | type-of back-end: vector
> | name of back-end: latex
> `----

Yes, it does.

> Take a look at "(defstruct (org-export-backend..." in ox.el

OK, I had a look at org-export-backend, but not sure what I'm looking
for in particular.

I did note that you don't test back-end directly, but instead look at
org-export-backend-name. Perhaps this is what Nicolas means by "Filters
defined here shouldn't make a back-end test, as it may prevent back-ends
derived from this one to behave properly"?

However, changing my filter so it uses org-export-backend-name doesn't
seem to change anything.

Or, was I supposed to learn something else from ox.el?

Thanks for your help.

All the best,
Tom

--