Aloha all, The attached Org mode document contains some notes on the classification of Org mode elements that might be a useful addition to Nicolas Goaziou's draft Org syntax document (http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.org). It distinguishes nine classes of element and proposes names for them. I'm hoping for some comments. The classification stuff makes sense to me, given my anthropology and archaeology background, but I'm not certain if it will be sensible to the Org mode community, which is mostly programmers. All the best, Tom