From: Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml@snobis.de>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-time-stamp in German or Spanish or....
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 14:53:35 +0200	[thread overview]

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> But is inserts the name of the days in English

The format and language of the time-stamps is controlled by the
function format-time-string (the docstring of this function shows all
the available placeholders, including "%a" for the locale's
abbreviated name of the day of week).

So the name of the days should be controlled by the locale Emacs is
running in (or the relevant language settings inside Emacs).

For example I want to enforce English names, so I have in my init.el:

#+begin_src elisp
(set-language-environment "English")
(set-locale-environment "en_US.UTF-8")
#+end_src

You can check what locale Emacs is using by inspecting the variables
`current-language-environment', and especially `system-time-locale'
(for the case that LC_TIME is set differently than other locale
settings).

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.