Hello, sections or subtrees commented with org-comment-string in the headline should not be tangled. This works fine. However, if a tag defined in org-todo-keywords (other than TODO or DONE) precedes the comment (as the official syntax has it), commenting is no longer respected such that source-blocks in the section/subtree are tangled. I think this cannot be intentional and is probably a bug. Best regards, mc For example: * TODO COMMENT this headline should not be tangled #+begin_src emacs-lisp (message "I am COMMENT-ed and thus I am not tangled - OK") #+end_src * WATCH COMMENT this headline should not be tangled #+begin_src emacs-lisp (message "I am COMMENT-ed but a I still tangled - FALSE") #+end_src -- Fetch my gnupg key: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7E3CA33F