On Wed, Mar 24 2010, Ian Barton wrote: > I keep my stuff in git too, but recently I have found Dropbox very > useful. Once I discovered how to install it on my server it meant that > all my config files were automatically kept in sync on my > computers. in fact Dropbox is still great even if you don't run your > own server. > > Git is still very useful for letting you easily go back if you make a > mistake, or want to start over again from an earlier version. Even better, make a git repo in your dropbox directory. Great tastes that taste great together! (There's a valid question as to whether the git repo in dropbox should be a bare repo to facilitate pushing and pulling, or a working repo so that you can use it directly. Suggestions on this point are welcome). /au -- Austin Frank http://aufrank.net GPG Public Key (D7398C2F): http://aufrank.net/personal.asc