* Remote editing not working from agenda views?
@ 2011-05-23 18:10 Marcus Klemm
From: Marcus Klemm @ 2011-05-23 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello List,

I've created a custom block agenda that consists of an agenda view
showing me the scheduled items of the next 7 days and a TODO list
showing me unscheduled TODO items from various projects. In the TODO
part, I can toggle states using "t", switch to an entry's origin with
SPC, TAB and RET and so on. When I try the same in the agenda part,
Emacs says "Command not allowed in this line".

In the process of investigating this issue I found that remote
editing, jumping to origin etc. is also not working in the built-in
agenda views for the day, week etc.

What am I missing?

Ciao, Marcus

* Re: Remote editing not working from agenda views?
@ 2011-05-25  8:29 ` Stormking
From: Stormking @ 2011-05-25  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Marcus Klemm <marcus.klemm <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> Hello List,
>
> I've created a custom block agenda that consists of an agenda view
> showing me the scheduled items of the next 7 days and a TODO list
> showing me unscheduled TODO items from various projects. In the TODO
> part, I can toggle states using "t", switch to an entry's origin with
> SPC, TAB and RET and so on. When I try the same in the agenda part,
> Emacs says "Command not allowed in this line".
>
> In the process of investigating this issue I found that remote
> editing, jumping to origin etc. is also not working in the built-in
> agenda views for the day, week etc.

I just found out that this is only true for habits. Other scheduled
items and repeating items can be edited from the agenda, just habits
cannot. Is this supposed to work like that? I'd really like to
"cross off" my daily routines directly from the agenda.

Ciao, Stormking

* Re: Remote editing not working from agenda views?
@ 2011-05-25 17:14   ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-05-25 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stormking; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Stormking <marcus.klemm@googlemail.com> writes:

> Marcus Klemm <marcus.klemm <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>>
>> I've created a custom block agenda that consists of an agenda view
>> showing me the scheduled items of the next 7 days and a TODO list
>> showing me unscheduled TODO items from various projects. In the TODO
>> part, I can toggle states using "t", switch to an entry's origin with
>> SPC, TAB and RET and so on. When I try the same in the agenda part,
>> Emacs says "Command not allowed in this line".
>>
>> In the process of investigating this issue I found that remote
>> editing, jumping to origin etc. is also not working in the built-in
>> agenda views for the day, week etc.
>
> I just found out that this is only true for habits. Other scheduled
> items and repeating items can be edited from the agenda, just habits
> cannot. Is this supposed to work like that? I'd really like to
> "cross off" my daily routines directly from the agenda.

I cannot replicate either of these behaviors. Could you please provide a
minimal test file and configuration that reliably replicates the issue?

Best,
Matt

* Re: Remote editing not working from agenda views?
@ 2011-05-25 17:25     ` Stormking
From: Stormking @ 2011-05-25 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl <at> imapmail.org> writes:

> I cannot replicate either of these behaviors. Could you please provide a
> minimal test file and configuration that reliably replicates the issue?

After further investigations, it seems to be caused by me disabling the
"consistancy graph" of the habits. I had org-habit-following-days, org-habit-
preceding-days and org-habit-graph-column all set to 0. After re-enabling the
graph, remote editing worked, again.

Ciao, Stormking