Oops, forgot to reply to the list... 8-| .. ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Thanks Eric, see this thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/7957, as I > recall basically it's possible to get most org-like behavior using > orgstruct-mode, but many are continually frustrated by the remaining > missing 20% of behavior. > Hmm, for what I read it's NOT easily possible, Tassilo switched back to outline-minor-mode. > > > I know of org-babel, but the code produced is no legal Lisp/Perl code > > anymore... > > could you please elaborate, > ... > > I'm currently using Org-babel to write code in a variety of programming > languages, and I've had no problems running the tangled code. > Thats the point you have to tangle the code and furthermore you have to run emacs to tangle it. The file as such is not a legal Perl code anymore because of lines starting with a "*". (never actually worked with babel, but thats what I read from the docs) And relying on an extra step for code generation is dangerous... This is for sure acceptable with elisp or multilanguage projects. Anyway I think, I will do some experiments with using a Code Filter in Perl which eliminates the org-code. (thats a filter run at execution-time changing the source before it's fed into the compiler) Cheers Rolf PS: I forgot to mention that when switching to other modes the highlighting will also get confused and fly-make will report plenty of syntax problems.