Dale Smith writes: >>>> The current org-export-docbook-xslt-proc-command is a format string, >>>> with a fixed order of arguments (the fo filename and then the input >>>> docbook filname). Thats probably good enough for most (all?) xslt >>>> processors, but things may be more limited when it comes to also >>>> specifying the stylesheet. Do we need to have some kind of special >>>> markers in the format string for where the different options go? >>>> Something like $i $o and $s (for in, out, and stysheet)? >> >> I thought about doing something similar to make the commands easier to >> set, but stopped pursuing that after seeing the format string style >> worked fine. I am not sure if any other Emacs modes/packages have done >> something like this, i.e. using (semi)named arguments. > > Well, it took me a while, but it found it. It's the format-spec > function. (Actually, http://edward.oconnor.cx/2009/06/format-spec > clued me in.) > > I'll have a go at it today and see if I can send in a patch. Ok. This works for me. Docs are not updated. That would push me over the 10 line limit. ;^) Now we can easily add other options, like %s for stylesheets or whatever. Maybe something like %p to set parameters. (As in the --stringparam option to xsltproc). What would be cool is a way to allow the user to *add* custom spec chars to the default set. (hint hint) -Dale