Hi Christophe, Christophe Rhodes writes: > In org-mode 7, I was able to use the (documented) variable > org-export-current-backend to test what the current backend is, allowing > me to dynamically produce and include images of different formats > depending on whether I was exporting to latex (tikz) or html (png). > > In org-mode 8, I cannot find this variable, or any documented variable > of a similar nature. What is the recommended way for dispatching at the > emacs-lisp level when exporting a document on the export backend? I don't know if this is exactly what you are asking for but I hit on the following a few weeks ago. It defines an elisp macro inside the org file and then calls it later in the header of a code block to switch the output file names based on which backend (if any) is in effect. I hope it helps. If you have a better way to do these kind of output switches, I'd like to know. * COMMENT setup #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent (defmacro by-backend (&rest body) `(case (if (boundp 'backend) backend nil) ,@body)) #+end_src * A graph #+header: :file (by-backend (html "graph.png") (latex "graph.pdf") (t "graph.svg")) #+header: :export results #+begin_src dot digraph Name { tail -> head; } #+end_src -Brett.