From: Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: org 2 openoffice impress converter
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:42:51 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

Wouldn't it be great to create a presentation in emacs; at
least the first outlining? Right now, when starting a new
presentation I write  my ideas and outline in orgmode, but
switch to impress pretty soon and have to write most of it
new; I am not able to transform the linked pictures or
transform table easy enough...

In org I could create some presentation.org file, where the
every top level entry defines the cover page of the impress
presentation. The second levels would belong to the tites of
the following slides. A first simple setup could be, to
devide the presentation slide into 5 zones (1 title and 4
equally sized boxes below the title); so the four third
levels handle these areas in impress, where you can place
lists, linked images,  equations, a table or some symbols,
etc.. E.g. two linked images in the same third level would
just place two images in that area . At the end you would
adjust your pages in impress with some more details...

So, what do you think about an org 2 openoffice impress
converter...? The exporting process is probably pretty
similar to the html-exporting procedure!?

Fabian