* appointment done doesn't go away
@ 2007-12-17 17:53 cezar
From: cezar @ 2007-12-17 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

  I have a TODO item marked as an appointment. After marking it done I'd
expect it to disappear from my agenda view.
  Would you guys mark appointments as TODOs or just leave them without
any tag ?

Cheers,
Cezar

* Re: appointment done doesn't go away
@ 2007-12-17 17:58 ` Ed Hirgelt
From: Ed Hirgelt @ 2007-12-17 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Dec 17, 2007 9:53 AM, cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> wrote:

>   I have a TODO item marked as an appointment. After marking it done I'd
> expect it to disappear from my agenda view.
>  Would you guys mark appointments as TODOs or just leave them without
> any tag ?

I do not tag appointments.   I leave TODO items for those things that I
really need to take an action on.  I also like seeing the appoinment in the
agenda when I browse backwards in time to see what I did last week or the
week before.

Just my approach...

Ed

* Re: appointment done doesn't go away
@ 2007-12-29 14:22 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-12-29 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cezar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Cezar,

cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:

>   I have a TODO item marked as an appointment. After marking it done I'd
> expect it to disappear from my agenda view.

Check these options:

  org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done
  org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done
  org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done

I use timestamps for appointments.  So basically these appointments
don't appear anywhere else in my agenda view, except on the right day.
But I also have `org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done' set to t which make
it possible to mark appointment as DONE and let them disappear (even
before the date.)

>   Would you guys mark appointments as TODOs or just leave them without
> any tag ?

Real appointments (i.e. meetings) don't need to-do keywords.  Only
scheduled or deadlined items.  But  tasks that are to be done on a
specific day sometimes receive a to-do state.

--
Bastien

* Re: appointment done doesn't go away
@ 2007-12-29 14:45   ` cezar
From: cezar @ 2007-12-29 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:22:41 +0100, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Cezar,
>
> cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:
>
>>   I have a TODO item marked as an appointment. After marking it done
>>   I'd
>> expect it to disappear from my agenda view.
>
> Check these options:
>
>   org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done
>   org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done
>   org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done
>
> I use timestamps for appointments.  So basically these appointments
> don't appear anywhere else in my agenda view, except on the right day.
> But I also have `org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done' set to t which make
> it possible to mark appointment as DONE and let them disappear (even
> before the date.)
>
>>   Would you guys mark appointments as TODOs or just leave them without
>> any tag ?
>
> Real appointments (i.e. meetings) don't need to-do keywords.  Only
> scheduled or deadlined items.  But  tasks that are to be done on a
> specific day sometimes receive a to-do state.

Thank you !