Hi, I thought I already reported this bug, but I cannot find it anymore in the mailing list archives (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=org-meta-return&submit=Search%21&idxname=emacs-orgmode&max=20&result=normal&sort=date%3Alate) nor in the accepted bugs (https://updates.orgmode.org/?sort-bugs-by=date#bugs) so I'm reporting it (again?). Please forgive me if I'm duplicating it, but FYI it is still present today. I'm using DoomEmacs (latest), which uses "Org mode version 9.6 (9.6-??-e9da29b6f)". When the cursor is in the middle of a heading (<> denots the cursor): * heading number<> one Hiting Meta-Ret results in: * heading number one * <> Whereas it should result in: * heading number * <>one At least if org-M-RET-may-split-line is set correctly. By default, on my config org-M-RET-may-split-line is set to 'nil', but changing to whatever ("Always" or (default . t)) results in the same behavior. The documentation for org-meta-return points to org-insert-heading which says: "If point is in the middle of a line, split it and create a new headline with the text in the current line after point (see org-M-RET-may-split-line on how to modify this behavior)." So this is actually a bug. Cheers, keep up the good work! GM