* Re: Getting "Chapter" before a heading number
@ 2016-12-30 19:21 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-12-30 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:

> I'm preparing a proposed table of contents for a book, and I'd like the HTML output to appear like:
>
> Chapter 1 Blah
>   1.1 blah
>   1.2 blah blah
>   1.3 blah blah blah
>
> Chapter 2 Blah Blah
>   2.1 blah
>   2.2 blah blah
>
> etc.
>
> Is there a way to get HTML output to do this? I'd like the "*" at the start of a line to denote a new chapter, and nested headings
> to go inside. I haven't been able to find anything like this.

It occurred to me that another way to get this effect might be with numbered lists:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
 * Chapter 1 Blah
   1. blah
   2. blah blah
   3. blah blah blah
 * Chapter 2 Blah Blah
   1. blah
   2. blah blah
#+END_SRC

and so on. Is there any way to get numbered lists to use a "." notation, where the path to each list item is indicated by
.-separated numbers?

 1
 1.1
 1.2
 1.2.1

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

-pd

* Getting "Chapter" before a heading number
@ 2016-12-29 19:54 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-12-29 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm preparing a proposed table of contents for a book, and I'd like the HTML output to appear like:

Chapter 1 Blah
  1.1 blah
  1.2 blah blah
  1.3 blah blah blah

Chapter 2 Blah Blah
  2.1 blah
  2.2 blah blah

etc.

Is there a way to get HTML output to do this? I'd like the "*" at the start of a line to denote a new chapter, and nested headings
to go inside. I haven't been able to find anything like this.

Thanks very much, and Happy New Year to all!

-pd